Good morning! Your challenge today is to write a poem and save the TITLE for the end. Hopefully the title will change how the poem was first read. That is, it will ADD meaning to what came before.
Here is a sample:
- Don't be polite.
- may run down your chin.
It is ready and ripe now, whenever you are.You do not need a knife or fork or spoon
or plate or napkin or tablecloth.For there is no core
or stem
or rind
or pit
or seed
or skin
to throw away.
Bite in.
Pick it up with your fingers and lick the juice that
scratch of dry nib
misfired squib
drool on the bib
cheetos gone stale
no wind in the sail
a rusty bent nail
jarred mice mocking
brain cells balking
empty knocking
..................
Titled: "Writing a Poem on Day #15"
Do you see my poem in a new way when you read the title?
Here's your challenge. Choose a form, then write the poem. Think of a title. Go back through your poem and eliminate any DIRECT references to your title. Post your poem, and a few lines later, post your title!
Rock on! You're doing great! Today we are on the SECOND HALF of the month!
Writing the words
ReplyDeleteScratching of the red pen
The white paper in front of me
The drink is gone
The day is long
The rhthyem of the world
Goes on and on and on
How to write an iambic poem
ReplyDeleteOh! I like how the second stanza is in iambic pentameter! "goes on and on and on" is a nice capturing of the meter!
DeleteThe sweetest kiss comes from Death,
ReplyDeleteTo lay one to eternal rest.
But I contest,
To be the best.
Yet their hollowed gaze,
Holds warmth for the lazed.
And the bones of their hand,
Are softer than the finest of sand.
They have no voice nor say a word,
But one just knows that it's sweeter than birds.
And still we strain against the tides,
As Styx desperately pulls us inside.
And though I know my shot is all but long,
I can't help but resist rights and wrongs.
For to be human, one must challenge even the Fates,
It's simply something in us that's truly innate.
Title: "Unrequited Requiem"
Ah, I'm interested in this. Unrequited means unanswered, or non reciprocated. A requiem is a funeral dirge. So is this an unanswered funeral dirge?
DeleteI love the words and felt they deserved to be the title. I did intend on unrequited being non-reciprocated because I wanted to slightly base it off my poem awhile back which ranted about a crush (the one you thought was about my cat, which made me confused because their name is similar to that hahaha.) Requiem was based off the concept that it revolves around death and the journey through that. Does that make sense? :D
DeleteA knife, shiny and dangerous,
ReplyDeletesticking out of my midsection
As they gawk at my wounds
I’m splitting at the seems
Bleeding out the wound
Gasping, taking dying breaths
Coughing up blood in my mouth
But they just stand there
Like they can’t see my pain
The cry in my eyes
As I collapse in the shower
This pain was brought upon me
From someone just like me
They share my pain
They’ll soon suffer, the same fate
Title : “The Power in Your Words”
Wow - I felt the ah-ha of surprise and of-course when I read the title. Words can do such damage.
DeleteGet comfortable
ReplyDeleteFix your gaze
Right hand set
Left hand set
Feel the gentle tug of the wind
Loosen your muscles
Hear the birds
Don’t be tense
Get moving
The noise all around
Concentrate
Feel everything around you
slow down
Climbing a Tree
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Your poem uses great imagery. I love the setting of each hand an the "loosen your muscles"- Tree climbing DESERVES a poem! Bravo!
DeleteGreeting me every morning,
ReplyDeletemy best friend.
Who sleeps on the floor,
but never looks sore
He sits on my lap
hoping to get food
that I've dropped on the floor.
Title: Mornings with my Dog.
Ohhhhh! What a sweet tribute! I enjoy seeing you play with rhyme also!
Delete